Gift this class
Meditative Art - Looking at Colour
In this 6 week course we look at the meditative nature of colour through the works of modern artists who were greatly inspired by colour.. Looking at the works of a range of artists including include Georgia O’Keefe, Paul Klee and Vincent Van Gogh we’ll create works drawn from their techniques and approaches. You’ll learn more about colour theory as you explore a range of materials including oil/chalk pastel, watercolour and acrylic paint. Using art processes in a mediative way, this course requires no artistic skills - just relax and enjoy!
- Discover the works of modern era artists who used colour as inspiration
- Learn more about colour theory and techniques
- Explore variety of art techniques for using colour to great effect
- Create a range of experimental pieces at any skill level
- Experience art making that allows for a meditative state
- Have time to develop your experimental work into more finished pieces
- No art skills or materials required, just bring an open mind!
Suitable for adults and accompanied teenagers